Our Qualifications

Certified financial planners (C.F.P.s) can give guidance on investing, saving for retirement, drawing down savings in retirement, buying long-term-care insurance, financing college, estate planning, getting the right type of mortgage, and other personal-finance issues. C.F.P.s must have a bachelor’s degree—or higher—from an accredited college or university, and three years of full-time personal financial planning experience or the equivalent in part-time experience (2,000 hours is considered one full-time year). They must take a certifying exam. They must take 30 hours of continuing education every two years. They must adhere to a code of ethics and standards of conduct.

A professional financial planning designation granted by The American College (Bryn Mawr, PA) to individuals who complete a comprehensive curriculum in financial planning. Prerequisites include passing a series of written examinations, meeting specified experience requirements and maintaining ethical standards. The curriculum encompasses wealth accumulation, risk management, income taxation, planning for retirement needs, investments, estate and succession planning.

Enrolled agent (or EA) is a tax advisor who is a federally authorized tax practitioner empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. Enrolled agents represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for tax issues including audits, collections and appeals.


A Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a graduate degree earned at a university that provides theoretical and practical training to help graduates gain a better understanding of general business management functions.